Power of MINDSET

We have to think about our thinking. Why? Developing Neuro-Agility is a key competence to safeguard leaders and organisations against disruptive changes.

Stress and fatigue caused by continued disruptive change, forces people to generally function more in their default limited modes of thinking, learning and processing information.

Agile people and organizations have the mental flexibility to adapt to disruptive change fast and easy, being able to move across various ideas or new understandings swiftly, and alternate between opposite modes of thinking and learning, depending on what mode of thinking is required to deal effectively with a new situation or change. Today we experience one of the biggest disruptions in our life.

Peoples’ mental flexibility to learn from experience as well as emerging future and apply the lessons from past experiences to improve future performance in new, first time, stressful situations, will be crucial to survival, progress and competitiveness.

One of the drives that help to increase your mental-flexibility as well as neuro-agility is your positive attitude and mindset.

“We must look at the lens through which we see the world, as well as the world we see, and understand that the lens itself shapes how we interpret the world.” Steven Covey

Recent studies suggest that only 6% of what we see is happening by our physical eyes, the remaining 94% determined by our mind-eyes. So, our brain determines how we see the world.

During this stressful time period when we are constantly triggered by uncertainty there are biochemical changes happening in our body by releasing quite a lot of negative/bad chemicals into our body. These bad chemicals are adrenalin, dopamine, and cortisol.  They inhibit electrical impulses between the brain cells.

They are not only generating negative feelings but much of these can suppress our immune systems too.  These inhibiting chemicals link to negative emotions, pessimism, stress, and fatigue. When we experience this, we run on bad fuel, which has negative impact on our health and performance.

Therefore, it is very important that we need to become aware of the quality of our thinking and our state of mind. Negative, panicked and fearful mind cannot produce positive outcome. So, we have to think about our thinking. To change behaviours first you need to be aware of your thoughts and feelings, then change your thoughts. Action follows thoughts.

Are you fearful or hopeful in the current reality?

Let’s turn this around and give our body positive chemicals boost like (serotine, oxytocin, endorphin) by positive thoughts and emotions. Why is it so important? Because these positive chemicals generate electrical impulses between brains cells, which help us learn quickly, outthink and outperform the competitors, energize us and strengthen our immune system.

What can you do to produce more positive chemicals in our body?

Using the following positive re-patterning techniques, you can intentionally set your positive mindset:

  • Choose to find purpose and meaning not only for your life but in every situation
  • Practice possibility thinking. Maintain a growth mind-set.
  • Practice gratification. Ask yourself every day what are you grateful for? Use gratitude jar.
  • Spend time with positive, uplifting people who inspire you and the opposite works as well, step away from those who drain your energy.
  • Seek professional support when you feel stuck.
  • Step back, observe, see things from a distance like when you are in a helicopter and look down onto the landscape of your life.
  • Do more what you like, more, more, more!
  • Find and follow your passion. This is the most important thing for me!
  • Positive self-talk. I know the little man in your head (everyone of us has) talks to you a lot, make sure you have a positive counterpart.
  • Watch inspirational movies, videos.
  • Laugh a lot!
  • Hug your loved ones.

Find out how you can activate neuro-agility by contacting me at executivecoach@beatakalamar.com. You can complete your own Neuro-agility Profile followed by a readback session which provides you with invaluable insights to measure and track your performance, increase your adaptability, flexibility and agility.




Go back...